The management of pain is essential because it will severely affect one’s quality of life. If pain is not mitigated or blocked, it will impede normal daily function and activity. Pain can significantly interfere with one’s personal, family and professional life, possibly causing anxiety, stress, weight gain, sleep disturbances and depression.
Types of Pain and Treatment
Pain can occur on any part of the body at any time. There are various types of pains that create discomfort. The intensity of pain experienced, may differ from person to person. Pain types and symptoms may vary depending on the location, cause, and duration of pain.
There are two major classifications of pain:
Acute pain typically occurs suddenly, and may be caused by a variety of events, injuries or situations. Acute pain can be described as mild and last for a few moments or, it may be severe and last for months.
Chronic pain is one of the most common symptoms in medicine. Chronic pain is difficult to treat and is defined as pain that lasts for months or years, which affect individuals on personal, family and professional level.
Many individuals suffer from pain on a daily basis. Pain can differ by type, quality, severity, location and associated stresses. Each patient has a unique pain symptomology. Customization of care and treatment is paramount in the management of pain. Physician recommended, Compounded pain creams are designed according to the patient’s unique needs and pain characteristics. Insurance accepted and physician prescribed Compounded pain creams may alleviate both chronic and acute pain symptoms. Compounded pain creams are applied directly to the area of pain.
Benefits of Using Compounded pain creams
There are a wide range of benefits associated with Physician Prescribed and Insurance Accepted, compounded pain creams.
- Direct delivery to site of pain.
- Measurable and significant pain relief.
- Minimal systemic effects, thus limited damage to organ systems and fewer interactions with other medications.
- Fewer side effects compared to oral medications.
- Very low risk of addiction or physical dependence.
- Reduced inflammation, soreness, and discomfort.
Some individuals are more prone to allergic reactions because of certain ingredients in a medication. Pharmacists eliminate such ingredients and prepare the cream to suit each patient. Compound pain creams are also beneficial for those who have difficulty swallowing capsules, pills, or tablets because it is applied topically.
- Medications are strictly for topical use only. Please contact poison control if accidently ingested.
- Notify physician and pharmacist about any liver, heart, or kidney problems.
- Please tell your pharmacist or physician if you have had prior known allergic reactions to any elements of the prescribed formulation.
- Flush immediately if the medication comes in contact with eyes. Notify physician if irritation persists.
- Store the medication at room temperature. Keep container closed.
Contact your physician or pharmacist if you don’t see any results after 4 to 6 weeks of usage or if symptoms get worse.